Friday, May 14, 2010

The older I get

I have noticed the older I get the less I want to run around and do things. I seem to just go to work and go home and enjoy being home. I also find that I seem to have problems communicating well with others and make new friends. I mean I have friends from years ago but not really new one. Just acquaintances. Pat and I really don't hang out with other couples in person but online in our kinship we hang out with alot of people. It is a weird thing. There are a couple of women that I work with that I would like to be friends with but I guess I am just unsure how to begin. When did this happen? I used to be able to make friends easily. I am unsure what to say or what to do. Very odd. I seem to be perfectly content in staying home and spending time with Patrick. Is this normal I ask myself. When I was growing up it seemed as if my grandma always had people stopping by and I remember my dads house always had people there as well. Wonder what has changed. Maybe I live too far from town or people just don't go a visiting anymore like they used to. They use text messages, emails and face book to keep in contact now a days. I kinda miss the human interaction. Well these are just some thoughts out there.

1 comment:

  1. This is happening to lots of people Ang, which is partly why we are looking for an eco-community to join, or to start our own. We have become a society of individuals and a sense of community is certainly missing.
    It's good you and Pat are close. Many people don't even have that.

    ReplyDelete